Every year hundreds of dedicated individuals, high school students, community groups and corporate businesses donate their time and expertise to The Exodus Foundation for a range of reasons, with many of them having a strong sense of community and wanting to give something back. Volunteers help The Exodus Foundation in a diverse range of ways, including:
- Preparing and serving meals in our free Loaves and Fishes Restaurant and at our mobile food service in Sydney;
- Providing valuable administration assistance; and
- Providing an extensive range of professional Legal, Social Health and Wellbeing Services
To volunteer with the Exodus Foundation please apply to one of our available volunteer positions listed below. Most volunteer positions require a regular commitment on a weekly basis for 12 months. Once we have accepted and processed your application we will invite you to attend a Volunteer Information Evening, we hold volunteer information evenings approximately every 2 months. The details will be confirmed closer to your start date.
The Exodus Foundation is committed to providing a safe working environment for all. The minimum age requirement for volunteers at Exodus is 14. Volunteers aged 14-16 years must be supervised by a parent/guardian with a Working With Children Check (WWCC). Those aged 17 years plus can volunteer without supervision.
Volunteers 18 years plus will need a valid Working With Children Check number before applying for a position. WWCCs are free for volunteers and applications can be completed at the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian or via this link: https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check
In order to improve our volunteer experience, all volunteers are expected to adhere to our Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Current Regular Volunteer Positions Available:
Applications for Exodus Foundation Food Services are currently available, however please be aware that volunteering with us will not commence until you have attended our next Information Evening in January 2020.
- Breakfast Server – for further information please read Breakfast Volunteer Position Description. If you would like to apply please fill in the online application here.
- Lunch Server – for further information please read Lunch Volunteer Position Description. If you would like to apply please fill in the online application here.
- Dinner Server – for further information please read Dinner Volunteer Position Description. If you would like to apply please fill in the online application here.
Current Skilled Volunteer Positions Available:
- Triage Volunteer – for further information please read Triage Volunteer Position Description. If you would like to apply please fill in the online application form here.
To apply for one of the listed positions, simply fill out the online form attached to the position. For Christmas Day volunteering, please click here to see positions available.
If you require further information, or if you would like to volunteer as a work or school group, please contact our Volunteering Department on 02 8752 4674 or email email@example.com