The Exodus Foundation is looking for great people to join our team. Please check out the positions available below.
SHW Practice Manager
LOCATION: 180 Liverpool Road, Ashfield, NSW 2131
HOURS: 38 hours per week – Full Time
AWARD: Modern Award – Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services 2010 Level 7, Point 1
NAPSA: Grade 5 Year 1
SALARY: $85,000 to $90,000 (dependent on experience and skills) + Super 9.25% + salary packaging
REPORTS TO: CEO, Rev. Bill Crews
Summary of the Job
The Practice Manager is a key member of the Exodus Foundation’s leadership team, supporting its CEO Rev. Bill Crews. The position provides direction and oversight of the Exodus Foundation’s Social Health and Wellbeing Department (SHW) so that members of the community, who are the Foundation’s guests, are supported in crisis situations and wherever possible, are supported to self-manage in the long term. The Practice Support Manager will ensure that the SHW team is able to meet the strategic objectives of the organisation.
The Practice Manager will work collaboratively with other staff across Exodus to support holistic care provision to guests. The Practice Manager will role model and lead the provision of services in a caring and supportive manner, consistent with Exodus core values, so that guests receive an exceptional standard of care.
• Tertiary Education in Community Health, Psychology, Mental Health Professional Medical centre management
• High level of computer literacy in– MS applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Highly desirable experience and or qualifications in management of community health program/centre
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position including managing change – (for example managing a medical practice or a not for profit in the community, welfare, or health sector) and experience with practice accreditation
• Demonstrated effective judgment and communication skills in complex situations including crisis, conflict management and situations of ambiguity
• Experience in building strong relationships and working with a diverse range of audiences including people from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds who have high and complex needs
• Treats all people with dignity and respect and acts with humility and grace
• High level of emotional intelligence and concern for the emotional-wellbeing of others
• Resilient and calm in difficult situations
• Driven by compassion and integrity in their conduct
The role includes:
• Establishing outcomes and objectives for SHW programs, services, and personnel, ensuring effective supervision of client services, programs, and projects.
• Leading the preparation of departmental budgets & business planning, establishment of departmental policies, procedures, safe work practices and the provision of supervision and oversight to all SHWD employees/volunteers.
• Contribute to organisational planning activities as a member of the Exodus Foundation’s leadership team. This will include organisation wide planning, strategy development and ensuring a whole-of-organisation perspective.
• The Practice Support Manager will develop his/her knowledge and understanding of the long-term goals of the Exodus Foundation and the community health and welfare sector/industry to enable the Exodus Foundation to maximize its effectiveness.
Specifically, the Practice Manager will be accountable for:
• Establishing standard operating procedures (SOP) work place practices and appropriate policies and procedures for SWHD
• Managing staff performance
• Managing productivity
• Supporting the delivery, consistency, and quality of Exodus Social, Health and Wellbeing guest services/welfare programs (wherever operationally possible 7/365 day)
• Managing outreach partner programs (including clinical /dental /legal/welfare care) in coordination with pro bono practitioners/providers.
• Delivering appropriate outcomes to Exodus stakeholders – consumers and guests, department employees & volunteers and external partners/parties providing programs and services.
• Providing appropriate business management and operational oversight (people resource management, departmental budgeting, operating models)
If you feel you are suitably qualified for this position and you can bring your experience to the role, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Carmen Haley at HR@exodusfoundation.org.au
Applications close 5pm Friday 30 June 2017.
For more information about The Exodus Foundation and to access the Job Applicant Information Package, please follow the link below
170526 – Job Applicant Information Package – SHW Practice Support Manager May 2017
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position
Only people shortlisted will be contacted
Part time position: 32 hours per week – 5 Days a week (Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm)
Award: Nurses Award 2010 – Registered Nurse Level 4 Grade 2
Reports to: SHW Practice Manager
Summary of the Job
An exciting opportunity exists for a Registered Nurse who will be responsible for providing clinical support and advice to the General Practitioner and Exodus Staff. The Registered Nurse is also responsible for providing health services to the Exodus Foundation’s community. The Registered Nurse will undertake all duties in a caring and supportive manner consistent with Exodus core values to provide an exceptional standard of care to guests.
Specifically, this role involves:
- To work closely with and assist the General Practitioner and other members of the SHW team to ensure that the best possible primary health care is provided to guests.
- Contribute to departmental planning, and support the Exodus Foundation in developing and maintaining a holistic approach to service delivery.
- Providing physical and general psychological comfort and support.
- Assisting with assessment of guest health needs, including observation.
- Monitoring and measuring clients’ health status.
- Providing medication administration.
- Undertaking nursing interventions relevant to the level of practice or accreditation.
- Providing consultation and collaborative management with team members, and other agencies observing cultural sensitivity, confidentiality, and clients’ rights.
- Developing effective working relationships with other Health clinicians in the acute and non-acute setting and with NGOs to assist in advocating for clients.
- Promoting community awareness of the needs of consumers and potential consumers and the resources available to meet their care needs.
- Supervising students attached to the Service.
The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent.
- Current registration or eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse (List A) with Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA).
- At least 5 years’ experience within a clinical setting in Australia.
- Experience providing clinical support within a GP/ medical practice
- Highly desirable experience with medical practice software (Medical Director/ Pracsoft; Bestpractice)
- Applied knowledge, skills, and experience in general practice as appropriate for the position
- Sound computer literacy with MS Word software
- Personal Professional Indemnity insurance certificate of currency
- Training in CPR, undertaken within the past year
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Excellent communication skills written, oral and listening, across all ages and social groups.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Have qualities of strength, calmness, and resilience
- Personal passion for community health, welfare, and embracing a holistic approach to social health and wellbeing outcomes to disadvantaged and marginalized sectors of the community.
- Provide references – at least three
- Provide a National Criminal History Record Check
- Provide a Working with Children Check Number
- Competitive salary and salary packing
- Professional development and training
- A great opportunity to promote health and wellbeing to people’s lives
If you feel you are suitably qualified for this position and you can bring your experience to the role, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Carmen Haley at HR@exodusfoundation.org.au
For more information about The Exodus Foundation and to access the Job Applicant Information Package, please click on the link below.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted