The Exodus Foundation is looking for great people to join our team. Please check out the positions available below.
The Exodus Foundation has provided a range of frontline services to the homeless and needy from its premises in Ashfield for more than 28 years. Exodus provides meal services and welfare support programs to people at risk and in circumstances of extreme poverty.
The Social Health and Wellbeing Program provides services to people who are homeless and disadvantaged in the context of a Community Development framework. The core services provided range from crisis intervention and support, to health services, financial services, outreach, fellowship and personal care programs.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Medical Receptionist with the Exodus Foundation. The role is based in Ashfield, Sydney. It is a part time position 5 days a week with a total of 35 hours a week.
Specifically, this role involves:
- Reception: Greet guests, record appointments and guest arrival; answer telephone calls promptly and courteously.
- Correspondence: Manage daily incoming and outgoing Health and Outreach Centre mail, email, and faxes; type and file outgoing correspondence.
- Medical: Arrange and check guest arrival lists, notify referring doctors or service providers if required; ensure guests are called for re-call consultations per policy.
- Liaising with internal departments such as operations, volunteering, or pastoral and following up on requirements or requests as required.
- Liaising with external services such as pathology or specialists and follow up on requirements from these departments.
- Liaising with medical specialists, service providers and case workers daily regarding paperwork and follow-up any issues arising from documents in their in-trays.
- General Duties: Photocopying; routine cleaning and stocking tasks; ensure reception and waiting areas are clean and tidy; ordering of stationery and surgical supplies upon request.
- Record Keeping: Scan investigation results and patient information into patient records using appropriate codes; complete daily reports to management detailing occurrences and WHS issues in the Health and Outreach Centre that you have become aware of.
The successful applicant will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position of Medical Receptionist
- HSC / Diploma
- Completion of an accredited medical receptionist course / knowledge of medical terminology is highly desirable
- Tertiary studies in social health or community welfare would be of benefit in working with a diverse range of disadvantaged clients – Desirable
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Experience using Microsoft office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills written, oral and listening
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Have qualities of strength, calmness, and resilience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and clinic information
- Provide references – at least three
- Provide a National Criminal History Record Check
- Provide a Working with Children Check Number
If you have strong administrative and interpersonal skills, experience in the not-for-profit sector, and a desire to make a difference for disadvantaged people, we look forward to hearing from you.
If you feel you are suitable qualified for this position and you can bring your experience to the role, please send your CV with a Cover Letter to Carmen Haley at HR@exodusfoundation.org.au
Applications close 5pm, Friday 24 March 2017.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position